منتديات حلمنا العربي
english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions 98484310
منتديات حلمنا العربي
english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions 98484310
معرض اعمال استايلات شبكات

منتدى اجتماعي هادف بكل التفاصيل | اسلاميات, برامج كمبيوتر, العاب كمبيوتر, تطبيقات الاندرويد, فيديوهات انمي, صور انمي, اقسام ادبية, تطوير احلى منتدى

أهلا وسهلاً بك في منتديات حلمنا العربي نتمنى انضمامك فى موقعنا المتواضع

أهلا وسهلاً بك في منتدمنتديات حلمنا العربي نتمنى انضمامك فى موقعنا المتواضع

الرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

منتديات حلمنا العربي :: منتدى التعليم المتوسط :: منتدى السنة الرابعة متوسط 4AM :: قسم تحضير و شرح الدروس

مشاركة من طرف مهبول ܓܛܟ

english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions I_icon_minitimeالأحد مارس 30, 2014 10:26 pm
المشاركة رقم:
المعلومات
الكاتب:
اللقب:
عضو سوبر
الرتبه:
عضو سوبر
الصورة الرمزية

مهبول ܓܛܟ

البيانات
الجنس الجنس : ذكر
البلد البلد : english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions 1alger10
عدد مساهماتي ماذا عنك عدد مساهماتي ماذا عنك : 3281
التوقيت

الإتصالات
الحالة:
وسائل الإتصال:

مُساهمةموضوع: english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions

english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions

.A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF CONJUNCTIONS..
A conjunction is a word that links words, phrases, or clauses. There are three types of conjunctions: coordinating conjunctions, .correlative. conjunctions, and. subordinating. conjunctions. Coordinating conjunctions may join single words, or they may join groups of words, but they must always join similar elements: e.g. subject+subject, verb phrase+verb phrase, sentence+sentence. When a coordinating conjunction is used to join elements, the element becomes a compound element. Correlative conjunctions also connect sentence elements of the same kind: however, unlike coordinating conjunctions, correlative conjunctions are always used in pairs. Subordinating conjunctions, the largest class of conjunctions, connect subordinate clauses to a main clause. These conjunctions are adverbs used as conjunctions.
The following tables show examples of the various types of conjunctions and some sample sentences using the conjunctions. Since coordinating conjunctions and correlative conjunctions are closed sets of words, all are included in the list. Subordinating conjunctions are a larger class of words; therefore, only a few of the more common ones are included in this list.

english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions Colormov

COORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS..

FANBOYS
forandnorbutoryetso
An easy way to remember these six conjunctions is to think of the word FANBOYS. Each of the letters in this somewhat unlikely word is the first letter of one of the coordinating conjunctions. Remember, when using a conjunction to join two sentences, use a comma before the conjunction.  

EXAMPLES AND SENTENCES

COORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS

CONJUNCTIONWHAT IS LINKEDSAMPLE SENTENCES
andnoun phrase+noun phraseWe have tickets for the symphony .and. the opera.
butsentence+sentenceThe orchestra rehearses on Tuesday, .but .the chorus rehearses on Wednesday.
orverb+verbHave you seen. or. heard the opera by Scott Joplin?
sosentence+sentenceI wanted to sit in the front of the balcony, .so. I ordered my tickets early.

.[CORRELATIVE CONJUNCTIONS..

both...andnot only...but alsoeither...orneither...norwhether...or
Remember, correlative conjunctions are always used in pairs. They join similar elements.When joining singular and plural subjects, the subject closest to the verb determines whether the verb is singular or plural.

EXAMPLES AND SENTENCES

CORRELATIVE CONJUNCTIONS

CONJUNCTIONSWHAT IS LINKEDSAMPLE SENTENCE
both...andsubject+subject.Both. my sister .and. my brother play the piano.
either...ornoun+nounTonight's program is. either. Mozart .or. Beethoven.
neither...norsubject+subject.Neither. the orchestra .nor. the chorus was able to overcome the terrible acoustics in the church
not only...but alsosentence+sentenceNot only does Sue raise money for the symphony, .but. she .also. ushers at all of their concerts.
[url=http://www.e-monsite.com/manager/#A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF][/url]

.[SUBORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS..

TIMECAUSE + EFFECTOPPOSITIONCONDITION
afterbecausealthoughif
beforesincethoughunless
whennow thateven thoughonly if
whileaswhereaswhether or not
sincein order thatwhileeven if
untilso in case (that)
Subordinating conjunctions, (subordinators) are most important in creating subordinating clauses. These adverbs that act like conjunctions are placed at the front of the clause. The adverbial clause can come either before or after the main clause. Subordinators are usually a single word, but there are also a number of multi-word subordinators that function like a single subordinating conjunction. They can be classified according to their use in regard to time, cause and effect, opposition, or condition. Remember, put a comma at the end of the adverbial phrase when it precedes the main clause.  

EXAMPLES AND SENTENCES

SUBORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS

CONJUNCTIONSAMPLE SENTENCE
afterWe are going out to eat .after .we finish taking the test.
since.Since .we have lived in Atlanta, we have gone to every exhibit at the High Musuem.
while.While .I was waiting in line for the Matisse Exhibit, I ate my lunch.
although.Although. the line was long and the wait over two hours, the exhibit was well worth it
even if.Even if. you have already bought your ticket, you will still need to wait in line.
becauseI love Matisse's works .because. he uses color so brilliantly.

الموضوع الأصلي : english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions // المصدر : منتديات أحلى حكاية // الكاتب: مهبول ܓܛܟ

توقيع : مهبول ܓܛܟ

مشاركة من طرف عيال مارج

english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء أبريل 02, 2014 10:59 pm
المشاركة رقم:
المعلومات
الكاتب:
اللقب:
عضو جديد
الرتبه:
عضو جديد
الصورة الرمزية

عيال مارج

البيانات
الجنس الجنس : ذكر
البلد البلد : english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions 1alger10
عدد مساهماتي ماذا عنك عدد مساهماتي ماذا عنك : 72
التوقيت

الإتصالات
الحالة:
وسائل الإتصال:

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions

english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions

شكرا طرحك  جميل ناااااااااااااااااااايس

الموضوع الأصلي : english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions // المصدر : منتديات أحلى حكاية // الكاتب: عيال مارج

توقيع : عيال مارج

شارك الموضوع مع اصدقاءك

الرد السريع

الــرد الســـريـع

english lesson 4 : a brief explanation of conjunctions Collapse_theadتعليمات المشاركة
صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الساعة الآن 04:03 PM